Sunday, April 18, 2010

Triskaidekaphobics, beware!

As sort of a creative-writing exercise, I have been writing a brief synopsis/review of all the movies I watch. I tend to be rather long-winded - especially when writing - so I decided to limited the word count on each. So far I've been posting them to my personal blog, but I decided it was time to spin them off into their own online home. The first reviews I wrote (fittingly, thirteen of them) will kick off this blog.

The rules: Simple - all posts, not including the title, must be exactly thirteen words. Hyphenated words will count as one word if it's a natural use of that word. It's sort of a gray area, so I'll try to keep them to a minimum and not use the device as a cheat.

The criteria for choosing what movies to review is also simple - I'll try to cover every movie I watch for the first time, as I see it. Most will be as I get them from Netflix, or as I finally get around to watching an older movie I'd never seen before.

That's it - please post in the comments section if you want to chime in. Enjoy, and pass the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment